Twenty First Century Skills
7th & 8th
9th & 10th
Microsoft Word Quiz - Chapter One
Name: Last, First
1. The process of developing a document that communicates specific information requires careful analysis and planning. As a starting point, ____.
determine the document design and style
establish why the document is needed
gather information about the topic
analyze the intended readers of the document and their unique needs
2. ____ text prints with an underscore (_) below each character.
3. Paragraph ____ is the process of changing the appearance of a paragraph.
4. ____ include shadows, reflections, glow, soft edges, bevel, and 3-D rotation.
5. If text is too small for you to read on the screen, you can zoom the document by dragging the Zoom slider on the status bar or clicking the Zoom Out or Zoom In buttons on the ____.
6. A color scheme in Word is a document theme that identifies ____ complementary colors for text, background, accents, and links in a document.
7. Character formatting is the process of changing the way characters appear ____.
on the screen
both a. and b.
neither a. nor b.
8. To discard formatting applied to a picture, click the ____ Picture button.
9. The ____ is the first line of text on a document.
10. To save an existing document with the same file name using one click, press the ____ button on the Quick Access Toolbar to overwrite the previously saved file.
either a. or b.
neither a. nor b.
11. The font, or typeface, defines the appearance and shape of the ____.
all of the above
12. You can center page contents vertically between the top and bottom margins. To do this, click the Page Setup Dialog Box Launcher, click the ____ tab, click the Vertical alignment box arrow, click Center in the list, and then click the OK button.
13. The ____ consists of all text between the headline and the signature line.
14. With a ____, you can convert a printed picture, drawing, or diagram to a digital file.
15. In Word, the default font usually is ____.
Times New Roman
16. The default spacing above (before) a paragraph in Word is 0 points and below (after) is ____ points.
17. The ____, which is the last line of text on the document, contains contact information or identifies a call to action.
18. A ____ is a computer program that can damage files and programs on your computer.
19. Font size specifies the size of the characters and is determined by a measurement system called ____.
20. The types of changes made to documents normally fall into one of the three following categories that does NOT include: ____.